Monday, January 18, 2010

www.youversion.com

So, I'm so encouraged with everyone's interest in getting healthy, I thought we could also encourage and challenge one another to be reading through scripture this year. If we're working on making sure our bodies are healthy, we should most certainly be feeding our hearts and minds with the Word of God.

Jason found this terrific website not long ago, and I think it would be so great to get as many people as we can to join. Just go to www.youversion.com - and set up an account. Choose a Bible reading plan. And set the dates. It's really easy. Then - we can "follow" each other on the website - to be accountable to one another. My username is charlestoncooks@gmail.com, and Jason's username jasonscook. I just started mine over today. So, feel free to join me!

10 comments:

  1. O.K. We've been a bit too busy to stay involved but taxes are done and we hired someone for Walt's practice that started today . . . re-focusing. I don't know where to send my points . . . Lorann, I do not have your email address . . . Griffin is also involved so please add him to the list. Thanks - Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, thanks for posting the points. I'll add them to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way -- it's great to post your points to the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyone that goes to JICC - if you go to our website jicc.us, on the left of the page there is a link to the day's readings. I didn't think I would like reading the Bible on my computer, but after I started, I found that I really liked it! JICC is my homepage, so it comes up and I just click it before I do anything else that day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am already on a daily Bible reading schedule with our church....they gave us a workbook to follow. I will look at the website just in case, but I will probably stick with the reading calendar I have already started. Thanks, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great!!!!! What workbook are you guys following?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you talking Tyler. Talk is cheap! Going to the college gym to hang out and socialize with your friends doesnt count as working out. O and I must say, Tylotte, how cute. Not! Haha just playin! Also, I didnt work out Friday and Saturday so maybe yall can catch me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is something that Charles Eaton put together and handed out at the beginning of the year. Last year's was called Caring for People (actually it is the one I am still working on....I am a little slow) and this year's is called Maturing in Christ. I have been on the treadmill every night this week....the only bad thing is that exercising makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete